This RCU Survey and your personal data
Learners Satisfaction Survey 2018-19 (J18-078530-01)
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, the personal data we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and what your legal rights are.
About RCU Ltd
- RCU Ltd is a specialist research agency, specialising in further education and skills. As such we abide by the Market Research Society Code of Conduct and associated regulations and guidelines.
What personal data has RCU received from EFSA for this survey?
- EFSA has shared a limited amount of your personal data so that we can invite you to take part in this survey.
- The personal data that EFSA has shared with us for this survey is:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (email address)
What is RCU’s legal basis for processing your personal data?
- RCU requires a legal basis to process your personal data. RCU’s legal basis for processing is your consent to take part in this survey. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please see the section below covering ‘Your Rights’.
How will RCU use any personal data including survey responses you provide?
- Firstly, responding to this survey is entirely voluntary and any answers are given with your consent.
- RCU will use your personal data and responses solely for research purposes and to produce anonymous, statistical research findings and insights for EFSA.
- RCU Limited will append information held on the ILR (Individualised Learner Record), such as age, gender, ethnicity, course level, and region to your answers for the sole purpose of analysing the results of the research.
How will RCU ensure my personal information is secure?
- RCU takes its information security responsibilities seriously and applies various precautions to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. Security precautions include appropriate physical security of offices and controlled and limited access to computer systems.
- RCU has regular internal and external audits of its information security controls and working practices, and is accredited to the International Standard for Information Security, ISO 27001.
How long will RCU retain my personal data and identifiable responses?
- RCU will only retain your data in a way that can identify you for as long as is necessary to support the research project and findings. In practice, this means that once we have satisfactorily reported the anonymous research findings to EFSA, we will securely remove your personal, identifying data from our systems.
- For this project we will securely remove your personal data from our systems by 3 November 2020.
- You have the right to access your personal data within the limited period that RCU holds it.
- If you want to contact EFSA about data they hold about you, please see the client’s contact details below.
- Providing responses to this survey is entirely voluntary and is done so with your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent and to object to our processing of your personal data at any time.
- You also have the right to rectify any incorrect or out-of-date personal data about you which we may hold.
- If you want to exercise your rights, please contact us at the below RCU address.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you have concerns on how we have processed your personal data. You can find details about how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will my personal data be held & processed?
All of your personal data used and collected for this survey will be stored by RCU in data centres and servers within the United Kingdom and EEA.
How can I contact RCU about this survey and/or my personal data?
Contact RCU via:
Email: email@example.com with ‘Learners Satisfaction Survey 2018-19 (J18-078530-01)’ in the email subject line
- J18-078530-01 – Learners Satisfaction Survey 2018-19
- RCU Ltd
- 3 Tustin Court
- Ashton on Ribble
- Preston PR2 2YQ