We are currently seeking to recruit a Data Analyst to join our small team of highly motivated and enthusiastic staff. RCU is based in Preston, Lancashire and is the leading data intelligence organisation serving the education and skills sector in England.
We would consider applications for both full time and part time roles. The post would predominately involve home working with occasional visits to our offices in Preston.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The company produces a range of innovative tools for the education sector, including Vector and MiDES, which are used by the majority of colleges in the country. We also carry out bespoke analysis and research for clients, including Government departments, Combined Authorities and educational establishments.
Your role would involve working with very large databases containing information about learners, courses, education establishments, apprenticeships, employment opportunities and economic data.
You will be required to manipulate large datasets to produce outputs which analyse data and produce results as required by a wide range of high profile clients.
As a key player within a small team you will be required to contribute towards product development and provide support for research and consultancy projects. You will also be required to work flexibly in a customer led culture as part of a multidisciplinary team, supporting and encouraging colleagues in achieving team goals.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a related area
- GCSE Maths Grade B or above (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in a role that requires the analysis of large datasets
- Experience of using SQL and manipulating databases
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, etc)
- High level of problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical capability
- High level of teamworking skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of datasets used in education such as the individualised learner record, National Pupil Database, HESA record etc.
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server
- Programming skills to automate processes
- Experience of generating dashboards or data visualisations using PowerBI, Tableau or similar products
Highly competitive salary which will be dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include an annual bonus, private medical insurance, generous employer pension contribution and flexible working.
Download the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form below and return completed to Louise Breckell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 27th May
If you would like to arrange an initial informal discussion about this role please contact Louise Breckell, email@example.comDownload application form Equal opportunities form