GCSE English and Maths Report
GCSE English and Maths Report for Colleges
This valuable MiDES report provides an annual snapshot of GCSE Maths and English examination results for AoC member colleges.
The report is based on achievement data included within ILRs submitted to MiDES and enables individual colleges to compare results for their own institution with the national benchmark.
The report identifies and compares data within the following categories:
- Previously taken GCSE Maths and English grades for all 16-19 funded learners
- GCSE English achieved grades, 9-4 pass rates and progress for learners who started with a grade 3/D or 2/E
- GCSE Maths achieved grades, 9-4 pass rates and progress for learners who started with a grade 3/D or 2/E
- Functional Skills English Level 1 and Level 2 pass rates and progress
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1 and Level 2 pass rates and progress
In addition to reporting on prior attainment this MiDES report shows how the GCSE and functional skills outcome grades and average progress for your college compares to the national benchmark.
There are also a range of charts to show the breakdown of outcome grades and progress by provider type, learner characteristic (age, gender and ethnicity) and subject area.
The GCSE English and Maths report is initially released in October each year following the collection of the R13 ILR and is updated again in November using the later R14 ILR data submitted by college members.
To download the latest report please visit the MiDES website.
MiDES is a shared service developed by RCU for the Association of Colleges. AoC member colleges submit their learner data to the secure MIDES data server creating a new sector-owned dataset. This creates a hugely powerful data resource for members that provides unique in-year benchmarking information.